STEWARTVILLE, Minn.- The city of Stewartville is in communication with The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources to add fish back into a local pond.
Over the last winter the city completed a dredging project and were able to reevaluate the depth and reseal the pond in Florence park.
“It's a great idea to get more people using the park,” said Pat Wondrasch.
Wondrasch grew up in Stewartville and now call Rochester home.
She said nearly 20 years ago the pond was once connected to a near by lake and there were fishing and other community events around the pond.
“Everyone was here,” said Wondrasch.
Many people like Wondrasch are excited about this possibility. Now, the city is hoping to add warm water fish like bass and blue gill to the newly remodeled pond.
The DNR tells us that Stewartville did reach out to them and they won't be able to add any fish until later this fall or winter.
- Stewartville looking to add fish to local pond
- Stewartville school lunch survey
- Rollover north of Stewartville
- Stewartville brush dump closed
- Stewartville’s sidewalk situation
- Geotek expanding in Stewartville
- SAW: Stewartville's Josh Buri
- SAW: Stewartville volleyball
- Is Stewartville's City Hall haunted?
- Two-vehicle crash in Stewartville