ST. PAUL, Minn. – The Minnesota Nursing Association (MNA) will be joining a one-day picket of the Mayo Clinic campus in Albert Lea.
Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare Minnesota filed notice of an intent to hold an Unfair Labor Practice strike on December 19. The union says it is in support of nursing assistances, housekeepers, and other building staff currently seeking a new contract with Mayo in Albert Lea. SEIU says those workers have been without a contract for over two years.
"We stand with our SEIU brothers and sisters as they work toward a successful resolution to this long and drawn-out battle for a ratified contract," said MNA President Mary C. Turner.
The Minnesota Nursing Association says it has more than 20,000 members.
- Statewide union to join strike at Mayo in Albert Lea
- UPDATE: Mayo responds to strike authorization vote in Albert Lea
- Big gift for Mayo in Albert Lea
- Mayo wrestling holds off Albert Lea
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- UPDATE: Around 80 involved in 1-day strike in Albert Lea; Mayo issues response
- Day after strike, workers not allowed at Albert Lea's Mayo location
- Union says it's filed new charge against Mayo in Albert Lea
- SEIU Albert Lea members reach agreement with Mayo
- Mayo Clinic renovates Cancer Center in Albert Lea