MASON CITY, Iowa - Candidates are meeting with voters in North Iowa as Election Day gets closer.
State Senator Rita Hart, who is Fred Hubbell's running mate in Iowa's gubernatorial race, met with voters Tuesday at the Cerro Gordo County Democratic headquarters.
Katie Koehler came to the meeting, and comes these events because she says it's important to be an active participant in the election process.
"I feel that it's a citizen's right and also a privilege in the United States that we get opportunities to choose our leaders, so that's the biggest reason."
Regardless of age or political view, it's important to exercise the right to vote.
"Some people I worry about the most are the people that say, 'I'm not political, I don't vote', and that kind of disheartens me a little bit because it's a privilege to be able to vote."
Hart also met with voters in Storm Lake Tuesday afternoon, and will be in Denison and Ida Grove on Wednesday.
Hubbell and Hart are going up against current Iowa Governro Kim Reynolds and her running mate Adam Gregg.
- State Sen. Hart makes Mason City campaign stop
- Sen. Klobuchar makes campaign stop in Garner
- Dr. Jill Biden makes campaign stops in Mason City
- Sen. Rita Hart discusses women's healthcare
- Iowa Ag. Secretary candidate makes campaign stop
- Presidential hopefuls make stops in Mason City with caucuses approaching
- Taking aim at Midwest voters, Sen. Klobuchar makes campaign stop in North Iowa
- Buttigieg campaign opens office in Mason City
- Andrew Yang takes campaign to Mason City
- Sewage discharge stopped in Mason City