CERRO GORDO COUNTY, Iowa - A man is facing a host of charges after allegedly eluding law enforcement Sunday at speeds of around 130 miles per hour on the Avenue of the Saints.
Travis Coleman, 38, of Davenport, is facing charges for reckless driving, driving while under suspension, felony eluding, OWI first offense, possession of marijuana and improper overtaking on the right after a brief pursuit Sunday afternoon.
The Iowa State Patrol said a trooper attempted to stop Coleman but he refused and fled at a high rate of speed at around 4 p.m. Sunday. Coleman attempted to exit on Mallard Ave. (Eisenhower exit.), went through the top of the overpass and lost control and hit the gate that is used to close the interstate, according to state patrol.
A trooper who was behind the vehicle then caught up and used an intentional vehicle contact maneuver to end the pursuit.
The pursuit began east of California Ave.
- State Patrol: Vehicle reached speeds of around 130 mph in Cerro Gordo Co. pursuit
- Not guilty plea in 130 mph chase
- UPDATE: State Patrol identifies people in Cerro Gordo Co. collision
- 3-county pursuit in north Iowa, southern MN reaches speeds of 110 mph
- Two arrested at gunpoint in Rochester after pursuit reached speeds of 80 mph on city streets
- Wanted Mason City man arrested after multi-county pursuit that reached speeds of 110 mph
- Sheriff: NE Iowa motorcycle pursuit reached 127 mph
- Visitor spending reaches record high in Cerro Gordo County
- Wind during Floyd Co. tornado reached speeds between 100-110 mph
- Iowa State Patrol helps rescue 82-year-old who was trapped after rolling vehicle in Cerro Gordo Co.