SOMERSET TOWNSHIP, Minn. – Ray Mudgett, 71, of New Richland, died after a one-vehicle crash on Interstate-35 in Steele County.
The Minnesota State Patrol says a Toyota Tundra was driving south near the Straight River Rest Area when it left the highway, broke through the guardrail, and went into the Straight River. When emergency crews arrived, the pickup truck was completely under the water.
The crash happened Monday afternoon.
The Steele County Sheriff’s Office, Owatonna Fire Department, Minnesota DNR, and Rice County Dive Team all assisted at the scene.
- State Patrol identifies man killed after pickup runs off I-35 and into a Steele County river
- State Patrol identifies children killed in eastern Iowa crash
- State Patrol: Semi carrying load of meat burns on I-35 in Worth County
- Rochester man injured in Steele County crash
- UPDATE: Iowa State Patrol says over 70 vehicles involved in I-35 crash
- UPDATE: Steele County killers sentenced
- UPDATE: Fourth driver identified in I-35 chain reaction accident
- Multiple crashes on I-35 in Worth County
- Accident on I-35 in Franklin County
- I-35 ramp closures Thursday in Worth County