GARNER, Iowa – One person is dead and another hurt after a three-vehicle chain reaction collision in Hancock County.
It took place of Highway 18 and Highway 69 around 1:30 pm. The Iowa State Patrol says a 2017 Ford Fusion left a business driveway and tried to turn left onto Highway 18. The Fusion had a head-on crash with a 2015 Mack semi. The semi crossed the center line and a 2006 Nissan Murano hit the rear of the semi’s trailer.
The State Patrol says the driver of the Murano was fatally injured and one of the other drivers was taken to Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa for treatment of injuries.
The names of those involved have not yet been released.
- UPDATE: 1 person dead after Hancock County accident
- UPDATE: Power restored in Hancock, Wright Counties
- 1 person dead after industrial accident in Mitchell County
- Probation for Hancock County woman
- UPDATE: West Hancock school levy passes
- Trial set in fatal Hancock County crash
- Meth sending Hancock County man to prison
- Hancock County man pleads not guilty
- Death ends Hancock County theft case
- Woman sentenced in deadly Hancock County crash