UPDATE: Elaine Lieb is listed in critical condition at St. Mary's Hospital in Rochester.
FREEBORN COUNTY, Minn. - An Albert Lea man died and a female passenger in the vehicle suffered life-threatening injuries during a one-vehicle crash Thursday on Interstate-90.
The Minnesota State Patrol said 76-year-old William Studer suffered an unknown medical emergency and drove a 2002 Honda CRV off the roadway at around 3:32 p.m. Studer was pronounced dead at the scene.
The vehicle continued through a farm field before vaulting over Freeborn County Rd. 30, according to MSP. The vehicle continued, going over Freeborn County Rd. 46 before it rolled multiple times. The female passenger, 80-year-old Eliane Lieb, of Albert Lea, was ejected from the vehicle and was taken via ground ambulance before being flown to St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester.
The accident occurred on I-90 east of Hayward.
- State Patrol: 1 dead, 1 with life-threatening injuries after Freeborn Co. accident
- State Patrol: 1 dead, 1 with life-threatening injuries after southern MN crash
- Life-threatening injuries after Mower County collision
- Motorcycle accident in Freeborn County
- Freeborn County Relay for Life
- UPDATE: Man facing life-threatening injuries after Olmsted County crash
- Hayfield woman flown to the hospital with life-threatening injuries
- UPDATE: Life-threatening injuries in Mower County collision
- Baby facing 'life threatening' injuries after rollover in Steele County
- Stewartville man suffers life-threatening injuries in car/tractor collision