ROCHESTER, Minn. – Police are investigating a reported stabbing in southeast Rochester.
Officers responded to the 1900 block of 8 ½ Street SE around 7:35 pm after receiving multiple calls about a disturbance. Police say some callers were screaming, some were saying there was a large fight and someone was stabbed.
Officers say when they got to the scene, the victim was already being taken to St. Mary’s Hospital by private citizens. The victim’s injuries are described as non-life threatening.
The suspect is described at a heavy set black male, around 35 years old and wearing either a red shirt or a black shirt with a red design, as well as either red shorts or black shorts with a red design.
Witnesses say the suspect jumped south over a fence and fled the area.
Police says it appears to have been a dispute between two people who probably knew each other and the public is not considered to be in any danger.
- UPDATE: One person stabbed in southeast Rochester
- UPDATE: Man killed in crash southeast of Rochester
- Car hits semi southeast of Rochester
- Southeast Minnesota construction kickoff
- One injured in two-vehicle crash southeast of Rochester
- UPDATE: Person of interest in Saturday's stabbing in Worth County
- UPDATE: Suspect and victims identified in fatal Rochester stabbings
- UPDATE: Hurricane Florence taking aim at southeast U.S.
- Neighbors react to Rochester fatal stabbings
- One hurt after stabbing in SE Rochester