ROCHESTER, Minn. - A man is facing charges of attempted murder for the stabbing of his estranged wife.
The Rochester Police Department says Augustino Nasona, 57, stabbed his 47-year-old wife Wednesday morning at St. Mary's Hospital. Police say the two have been estranged for approximately one year.
Nasona is being held in the Olmsted County Adult Detention Center and other charges are possible.
Previous story below.
ROCHESTER, Minn. - A woman was stabbed four times and a man was taken into custody during an incident Wednesday morning at Saint Marys Hospital.
Augustino Nasona, 57, of Rochester, was taken into custody after he allegedly stabbed a woman in the employee cafeteria. Nasona was taken into custody by Mayo security before being turned over to police.
A female victim was stabbed four times and suffered non-life threatening injuries. Both the victim and the suspect are food service employees working at Mayo and are believed to have a relationship together, Mayo Clinic said in a statement.
A knife was recovered at the scene.
Police are interviewing around 15-20 people regarding the incident that began at 7 a.m.
Mayo Clinic released the following statement:
This morning, a Morrison Healthcare employee, Mayo Clinic's food service vendor, was stabbed in the Mayo Clinic Hospital-Rochester, Saint Marys Campus employee cafeteria by another food service employee and has been taken to Saint Marys emergency department for treatment. The two employees are believed to have a relationship and this is considered to be an isolated event.
The alleged perpetrator is in the custody of the Rochester Police Department and has been removed from Mayo Clinic properties.
No other employees or patients are in danger.
- Police: Man facing attempted murder charge after stabbing at Saint Marys Hospital
- Eastern Iowa man charged with attempted murder in stabbing
- Austin man charged with attempted murder after stabbing
- Man facing attempted murder charges in relation to Austin fire
- Attempted murder charge dropped against Rochester man
- Police: Man facing charges after 2 stabbed in Rochester
- Man found guilty of attempted murder for Northwood stabbing
- Update: Man wanted in Northwood stabbing facing attempted murder charge, race played a role in crime, authorities say
- Attempted murder charges in Humboldt County
- Attempted murder charge filed in Floyd County