ROCHESTER, Minn. - If you're planning on grabbing a flight for a spring break vacation you'll want to pack hand sanitizer.
The CDC currently has a China Travel Notice at warning level 3. It recommends everyone avoid nonessential travel to the country.
Travel Leaders, a Rochester travel agency, says while the risk of getting the coronavirus is low even if you're just traveling domestically you'll want to take precautions to not get sick.
Travel consultant Jody Meyer explained, "Stay clear of people that look or seem to be sick. Cover your mouth when you are coughing or sneezing. Wash you hands constantly when you open a door, when you touch elevator buttons, wash your hands as much as you can and keep them away from your face and your mouth."
Meyer also added that Travel Leaders had 8 people who had to change their plans to travel to China since flights have been restricted.
- Spring Break travel health reminder
- Snow removal reminder
- Holiday fire safety reminders
- RCTC extending spring break due to virus
- Taking charge of your health during spring
- Manly Police remind residents to lock car doors after two late night break-ins
- Record-breaking number of holiday travelers this season
- Coronavirus sinks NIACC Singers plan for spring break cruise
- Waldorf University students warned about Coronavirus before Spring Break
- Waldorf University to extend Spring Break due to COVID-19