The southern Minnesota police officer who was shot in the head is now out of intensive care and spent the weekend in an acute care facility.
That's according to a CaringBridge page that posts updates on Waseca police Officer Arik Matson's progress.
Matson was shot Jan. 6 while responding to a report of a suspicious person in a backyard.
Thirty-seven-year-old Tyler Janovsky is charged with multiple counts, including first-degree attempted murder.
Janovsky has a court hearing scheduled for Tuesday.
Officer Arik Matson shot, critically injured
- Southern Minnesota cop who was shot in head is out of intensive care
- New mental health facility the only intensive outpatient program in Southern Minnesota
- Boy thrown from mall balcony remains in intensive care
- Body found in southern Minnesota
- Chase and arrest in southern MInnesota
- Arrest in southern Minnesota drug raid
- Foot of snow projected for southern Minnesota
- Chase and drug arrest in southern Minnesota
- Opposition growing to southern Minnesota wind projects
- Southern Minnesota rollover sends three to hospital