MANKATO, Minn. – A body found in rural Blue Earth County has been identified.
The Sheriff’s Office says the remains of Shane Zephier, 23 of Minneapolis, were found by a hunter on October 10 in a wooded area northeast of Highway 83 and County Road 12. The cause of Zephier’s death is still undetermined and an investigation is continuing.
Zephier was last seen walking away from the Blue Earth County Justice Center on August 27 after being arrested by the Lake Crystal
Police Department for shoplifting. He was wearing gray sweatpants, a gray sweatshirt, and black shoes.
Anyone with information about Zephier’s death is asked to call the Blue Earth County Sheriff’s Office at 507-304-4863.
- Southern Minnesota body identified as Minneapolis man
- Minneapolis man injured in southern Minnesota collision
- Body found in southern Minnesota
- Minneapolis police toughening body camera rules
- Body of missing southern Minnesota man is recovered
- Piñata problems for Minneapolis man
- Man dies after Minneapolis fight
- Body found in Honolulu canal identified as Minnesota woman
- Southern Minnesota man dies after ATV accident
- Minnesota man killed in southern Iowa crash