MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A Minnesota man whose body was found over the weekend in a Utah reservoir apparently drowned along with his friend from Salt Lake City.
The Wasatch County Sheriff's Office says the body of 24-year-old Benjamin Magalis of Goodhue, Minnesota, was found in the Strawberry Reservoir southeast of Salt Lake City on Saturday. The body of a friend Magalis was with, 26-year-old Chenoa Plank, was found Sunday.
Authorities say it appears the two drowned after their canoe capsized on Nov. 12, though the cause of death remains under investigation. Plank's dog was found and rescued Friday.
Magalis and Plank worked at a local ski resort.
- Southern MN man's death in Utah reservoir likely due to canoe accident
- Southern MN man killed in lawnmower accident
- Road conditions causing accidents in southern MN
- Man suffers serious injuries after motorcycle accident in southern MN
- Small gas leak reported after construction accident in southern MN
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Southern Minnesota man dies after ATV accident
- Police conduct raid on southern MN house
- Man assaults parents with flashlight, paring knife in southern MN
- Man flees officers, then his house during southern MN pursuit