ROCHESTER, Minn. – An 18-year-old man is facing multiple charges after allegedly holding a knife to a puppy’s neck and stealing it.
Omar Mohamed, of Rochester, is facing charges for first-degree burglary of an occupied dwelling, terroristic threats and damage to property after an incident Thursday afternoon in the 1300 block of Turnberry Dr. SE.
Police said it began a month ago when a 16-year-old victim was trying to sell a belt when a man took the belt and told the victim he would pay later.
After the victim reached out for payment, police said multiple people surrounded his house and called him out to fight.
Police say three people came back later and kicked the door in before one person grabbed a new puppy, held a knife to its throat, threatened to kill it before leaving with the dog.
Mohamed was arrested Friday in the 3000 block of Rose Heights Dr. SE.
The dog was recovered in the 900 block of 41st St. NW from a man who said he bought the dog for $150.
Two other suspects are still being sought.
- Southern MN man, 18, accused of holding knife to puppy's head before stealing it
- Man assaults parents with flashlight, paring knife in southern MN
- Southern MN woman accused of stealing gun, cash
- Sheriff: Wanted southern MN man arrested for allegedly stealing cables
- Police: 3 female juveniles accused of removing man from car, stealing vehicle in southern MN
- Police: Man attacks woman with knife, hammer after social media dispute in southern MN
- Police: Southern MN woman charged after punching man, coming at him with knife
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Southern MN man killed in lawnmower accident
- SE MN father accused of stealing money from his son