ROCHESTER, Minn. – An Amber Alert was nearly issued before a woman was found with a 17-year-old vulnerable child in Waterloo.
Jill Charnesky, 62, of Rochester, is facing charges for felony kidnapping and is set to make an initial appearance Thursday after she allegedly took a child who she didn’t have rights to.
In April of 2017, Charnesky had her rights terminated to a child considered vulnerable by state statute.
On Friday, authorities said she took the child who was getting dropped off by a transportation service and it became a high-profile investigation around 3:15 p.m. Friday.
Investigators tracked Charnesky and the child to Waterloo on 7 p.m. Friday. A followup investigation led to her arrest Wednesday.
Cpt. Scott Behrns said they believed Charnesky and the child were on their way to Texas or Illinois.
- Southern MN kidnapping suspect, child found in Waterloo
- Battle of Waterloo preview
- Southern MN couple charged after being found with 300 crappies
- Authorities: Hunter found dead under tree stand in southern MN
- Lawyer objects to physical restraints on homicide suspect connected to 2-year-old found in southern MN
- Authorities: Two in southern MN found with 118 pounds of suspected liquid meth
- Road conditions causing accidents in southern MN
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Southern MN man killed in lawnmower accident
- Police conduct raid on southern MN house