OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. - Some quick thinking by a deputy diminished the damage on what could have been a tragic situation.
Olmsted County Deputy Jay Clemens was responding at normal speeds to a call of forced entry into a residence Monday afternoon when a tree fell on top of his squad vehicle.
Clemens swerved to avoid the falling tree, but his 2016 Ford Explorer suffered damage to the windshield, wiper, light bar, hood and roof.
The accident happened in the 400 block of 60th Ave. SW. in Olmsted County.
- Watch: Deputy narrowly avoids disaster when tree falls on moving vehicle in southern MN
- Authorities: Hunter found dead under tree stand in southern MN
- Three vehicles fall through the ice on a southern MN lake
- Road conditions causing accidents in southern MN
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Southern MN man killed in lawnmower accident
- Police conduct raid on southern MN house
- Around $10K worth of equipment stolen from tree and lawn care service in southern MN
- MN Senate approves disaster loans for barn collapses
- Local officers, deputies avoid near misses