DECORAH, Iowa - The South Carolina woman arrested in northeast Iowa with her missing daughter has been sentenced for 5th degree theft.
Jessica Ray, 36, and William Ray, 44, were picked up in Winneshiek County on May 17. They disappeared from South Carolina in April with their daughter, Dakota, after they knew she was going to be removed from their home by social services.
Jessica Ray was accused of stealing a woman's purse in Le Mars. She pleaded guilty and was ordered Thursday to spend 14 days in the Winneshiek County Jail, with credit for time served, and pay a $65 fine.
William Ray is scheduled to stand trial on August 1 on 2nd degree theft. Authorities say he was arrested while driving a stolen van.
Both Rays are facing charges in South Carolina for vanishing with their daughter.
- South Carolina woman sentenced in Winneshiek County
- Two truck thieves sentenced in Winneshiek County
- Sentence issued for Winneshiek County knife threat
- Credit card thief sentenced in Winneshiek County
- Winneshiek County man sentenced for drug dealing
- Prison sentence for Winneshiek County gun threat
- Cresco man sentenced for Winneshiek County crash
- Prison sentence for shots fired in Winneshiek County
- Minnesota man sentenced for fatal Winneshiek County crash
- Howard County drivers collide in Winneshiek County