CLAY COUNTY, IOWA – Authorities are investigating a fatal snowmobile crash that happened Friday.
The Iowa Department of Natural Resources says it happened around 8 pm on the Little Sioux River, near 4930 245th Avenue. 39-year-old Justin Robert Stahly of Milford was riding his snowmobile north on the frozen river when he struck a tree. Stahly was pronounced dead at the scene.
The DNR says Stahly was riding with a group of snowmobilers and was wearing a helmet at the time of the crime.
- Snowmobile death in NW Iowa
- Train derails in NW Iowa, dumping sand, railcars into river
- Milford man dies in snowmobile crash in northwestern Iowa
- Authorities say Cresco man died in NE Iowa snowmobile accident
- Minnesota man accused of North Iowa snowmobile thefts
- Law enforcement looking for stolen snowmobiles in North Iowa
- Gas leak in NW Rochester
- Power restored in NW Rochester
- Minnesota snowmobile trails are closed
- Iowa authorities say man fatally shot while coyote hunting in NW Iowa