ROCHESTER, Minn.- The snow fall we experienced over the weekend left many flights cancelled or delayed. The old saying April showers bring may flowers is taking a new meaning in Rochester.
KIMT News 3’s Jeremiah Wilcox spoke to people at the Rochester International Airport to talk to people on their way to warmer weather. Karen Herrera is on her way to Florida, she says she was suppose to leave over the weekend but the weather kept her grounded.
“It got canceled we got on another flight and that was delayed and kept getting delayed and finally ended up at a hotel for the night.”
The snow storm caused airline cancellations through out the state of Minnesota. Don Cottrell is from Ohio and drove from Wisconsin to Minneapolis when his flight was cancelled then drove to Rochester to catch a last minute flight home.
“I'm so over the cold weather bring on spring...please”
He has traveled to Minnesota for ten years but says it's never been this bad.
“This is the worst I have seen in about the ten years i've been going up there.”
We haven't seen this much snowfall in the month of April since the 1980’s, when Minnesota was hit with 16 inches of snow.
- Snow leads to flight delays and cancellations "This is the worst I have seen..."
- Rochester airport cancels all flights
- Flights canceled, roads treacherous amid spring snowstorms
- Snow is delaying golf season
- Over 200 flights cancelled or delayed in Minneapolis by winter storm
- Thousands of flights cancelled across the country due to snow storm
- Air service cancelled new flights out of Rochester
- Snowstorm batters parts of Midwest, 100s of flights canceled
- Melting snow leading to leaky basements
- Residents not letting the snow cancel their plans