Six people hurt in Fort Dodge apartment fire

Officials blame a bedroom candle.

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 11:01 AM

FORT DODGE, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say six people were treated for injuries after a fire at their apartment building in Fort Dodge.

Firefighters dispatched just before 7 a.m. Thursday saw flames coming from sixth-floor windows on the north and east sides of the Biltwell Apartments building. Fire officials say the blaze was caused by an unattended candle in a bedroom.

Five occupants were treated at the scene, and a woman who lived in the apartment where the fire occurred was taken to a hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation. Her name hasn't been released.

Article Comments

Mason City
Clear
wxIcon
Hi: 9° Lo: 0°
Feels Like: -8°
Albert Lea
Clear
wxIcon
Hi: 4° Lo: -5°
Feels Like: 0°
Austin
Clear
wxIcon
Hi: 9° Lo: -3°
Feels Like: -8°
Charles City
Clear
wxIcon
Hi: 11° Lo: 1°
Feels Like: -8°
Rochester
Clear
-2° wxIcon
Hi: 6° Lo: -7°
Feels Like: -18°
Coldest air of the season has arrived
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Articles of Impeachment

Image

Remembering the Jefferson Highway

Image

Golden Apple Award

Image

Ice Not Safe for Fishing

Image

Salvation Army Warming Center Open

Image

Chris' PM Weather Forecast 12/10

Image

Salvation Army needs volunteers and donations

Image

Economic Summit

Image

Clear Lake set to form alternative school on campus

Image

Authorities rescue man from Winnebago River

Community Events