FORT DODGE, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say six people were treated for injuries after a fire at their apartment building in Fort Dodge.
Firefighters dispatched just before 7 a.m. Thursday saw flames coming from sixth-floor windows on the north and east sides of the Biltwell Apartments building. Fire officials say the blaze was caused by an unattended candle in a bedroom.
Five occupants were treated at the scene, and a woman who lived in the apartment where the fire occurred was taken to a hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation. Her name hasn't been released.
- Six people hurt in Fort Dodge apartment fire
- One hurt in Dodge County crash
- 1 hurt in Dodge County car accident
- Rochester man hurt in Dodge County crash
- Two hurt in Dodge County crash
- Teen hurt in Dodge County rollover
- Natural gas explosion in Fort Dodge
- Investigation into death at Fort Dodge plant
- State officials: Fort Dodge prison fire under control
- Fort Dodge prison officer beaten after rushing to cell fire