MASON CITY, Iowa – Police do not believe anyone was hit as a result of a firearm being discharged during a disturbance late Tuesday night.
“This is due to additional interviews that have been conducted. This is still an active investigation and anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Mason City Police Department,” police said in a news release Wednesday afternoon.
The investigation began when shots fired were reported at 11:43 p.m. at the intersection of 17th St. and N. Delaware Ave.
When officers arrived, they found two shell casings and blood in the street. They were assisted by the Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office and interviewed witnesses at the scene.
MCPD Press Release - Overnight Shooting Under Investigation
— Mason City Police (@MasonCityPD) April 17, 2019
- LISTEN: Gun shots erupt on Mason City north side; police do not believe anyone was hit
- Mason City representatives hold legislative listening post
- Alternate side parking for Mason City
- Alternate Side Parking in Mason City
- Independent film being shot in Mason City
- Authorities identify man shot in Mason City
- Police: Shots fired early Sunday outside Mason City bar
- Mason City Police: Report of shots fired under investigation
- Alternate side parking in effect for Mason City
- Alternate side parking in effect starting tonight for Mason City