FRANKLIN COUNTY, Iowa - The Franklin County Sheriff's Office is investigating a report of an early-morning shooting Sunday.
Authorities responded around 1:30 a.m. near the Dows exit off of Interstate-35 in Franklin County.
Authorities say the victim was transported to Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa for treatment.
The Franklin County Sheriff's Office and the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation are investigating the circumstances.
The public is being asked to help identify two individuals who were captured on video at a nearby convenience store prior to the shooting. The black male and female were driving a gray or silver 4-door SUV, possibly a Jeep Cherokee.
The Iowa State Patrol, Wright County Sheriff's Office, Franklin General Hospital, and West Franklin First Responders also assisted with this incident.
- UPDATE: Photos released in Franklin County shooting
- Rochester police release photo of shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Name released in officer-involved shooting
- Final sentence in Franklin County burglary
- Accident on I-35 in Franklin County
- Mysterious substance found at Franklin County school
- Franklin County declared a disaster area
- Plea deal in Franklin County arson
- Franklin County man sentenced for lascivious acts
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued for Franklin, Butler counties