ASHWAUBENON, Wis. (AP) — The number of Shopko stores closing around the country is skyrocketing.
The company announced in December 2018 that it would shut down about 40 stores, then added 38 more to the closure list in January. Shopko now says a total of around 250 of its locations will cease operations by the end of May.
The Shopko store stores in Hampton, Iowa, and Rochester, Minnesota, were included in the previous January closure announcement. They’re expected to shut down by April 14. Now the company says it is also shuttering locations in Albert Lea and Austin, MN, and Cresco and Forest City, IA. Those locations are expected to close by May 12.
Another 30 Shopko throughout Iowa and Minnesota are also on the new closure list, which you can see by clicking here.
Hy-Vee issued the following statement on the closure of the Forest City Shopko:
"There will be a Hy-Vee Pharmacy in Forest City. Once details are finalized, we will be sure to share them with you. Hy-Vee pharmacies offer free prescription delivery, generic prescriptions as low as $4 for a 30-day supply and as low as $9 for a 90-day supply, immunizations and automated refill ordering. Hy-Vee is excited to welcome Shopko pharmacy customers into our family, and we will take care of patients’ prescription needs."
- UPDATE: Shopko closing in Albert Lea, Austin, Cresco, and Forest City
- Hy-Vee taking over for Shopko pharmacy in Forest City
- Albert Lea man arrested in Austin
- Albert Lea man sentenced for Austin chase
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Shopko to close all of its stores
- UPDATE: Rochester and Hampton Shopko stores to close
- Long-time Albert Lea pharmacy is closing
- Albert Lea farm equipment store abruptly closes
- Railroad crossings to close in Albert Lea