WINNEBAGO COUNTY, Iowa – Winnebago County dispatch confirmed Friday afternoon that a gunshot wound call is being investigated.
The shooting took place at 390th Street five miles southwest of Thompson.
Tonnes thorland lives about a mile and a half from where it happened. He says it isn't a scary situation to have something like this happen, he says he would like to know what happened so close I his home.
"I kind of trust that they have handled otherwise they would be more involved around here," said Thorland. "I think they be more involved around here knocking on doors telling people if something is going on."
We are still looking in to the extent of the victims injuries. Those with the Winnebago County Sheriff's Office say they are not releasing any more information as of 9:30 PM Friday.
We will have more on this as it becomes available.
- Shooting investigation underway in Winnebago County
- Free lunch and snack program underway for Winnebago County students
- No CAFO in Winnebago County
- Winnebago County hosting summer fun
- Prison for Winnebago County man
- Shooting investigation underway in Mason City
- Sex abuse case dropped in Winnebago County
- Winnebago County man pleads guilty to forgery
- Not guilty plea in Winnebago County embezzlement
- Tool thief pleads guilty in Winnebago County