STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) — Punxsutawney Phil is a wanted ... groundhog.
A Pennsylvania sheriff's officer has put up a wanted poster for Phil.
The handlers of the groundhog last month said the furry rodent called for six more weeks of winter after seeing his shadow. The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says that expired last week, yet a spring storm brought more snow to the Northeast on Wednesday and Thursday.
Cpl. Scott Martin tells WBRE-TV he created the poster and placed it on the "wanted wall" because he is sick of snow in the spring.
The poster claims Phil is wanted for deception. Phil is described as having "brown and grey hair, brown eyes, sharp teeth."
Records dating to 1887 show Phil has predicted more winter 103 times while forecasting an early spring just 18 times.
- Sheriff's officer accuses Punxsutawney Phil of deception
- Georgia man sentenced for Mason City deception
- Deceptive smell causes stir at downtown Mason City building
- Sheriff's Office: 2 accused of stealing mail, credit card in Olmsted County
- Local sheriff's office looks for new technology
- Olmsted County Sheriff's office thanks deputies
- Sheriff's office thanks donors for rebuilt rifle
- Mitchell Co. Sheriff's Office adding tasers
- Mower County Sheriff's Office addresses 911 outage