LAKOTA, Iowa - A 51-year-old man died Wednesday at a construction site in rural Kossuth County.
The Kossuth County Sheriff’s Office said Lee Gruver, of Daisetta, Texas, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The sheriff’s office received a call requesting an ambulance at a construction site in rural Lakota at 2:20 p.m. on Wednesday.
The investigation has been turned over to the Iowa State Patrol and the Iowa DOT.
Lakota Fire and EMS, Swea City Fire and EMS, the Buffalo Center Police Department, the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office, Kossuth County Emergency Management and the Kossuth County Medical Examiner all assisted on scene.
- Sheriff's office: 1 man dead after construction accident in north Iowa
- North Iowa man airlifted after motorcycle accident
- Sheriff's office says teen worker died in Iowa farm accident
- Sheriff's Office: NE Iowa boy airlifted after UTV accident
- Sheriff: Charles City man airlifted after NE Iowa motorcycle accident
- Man dies in northeast Iowa farm accident
- Logging accident kills man in northeast Iowa
- North Iowa dental office reducing opioid prescriptions
- Two people injured after two-vehicle accident in North Iowa
- Sheriff: NE Iowa man allegedly threatens others with firearm after being in ATV accident