WORTH COUNTY, Iowa - A woman was found lying in the middle of a Worth County road while going in and out of consciousness on Monday, and authorities said Tuesday morning it was a result of a fall.
The Worth County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call for a woman found lying in the roadway in the 1200 block of 430th St.
When deputies arrived, the female was awake but did not know what happened or what was going on, the Sheriff’s Office said. That prompted Mercy Air Med to respond.
The woman was walking her dog near her residence, authorities said Tuesday, and fell.
The Worth County Sheriff’s Office was assisted by the Iowa State Patrol, Northwood Rescue, Mason City Fire and Mercy Air Med.
- Update - Sheriff: Woman found going in and out of consciousness after being found on Worth Co. road fell
- UPDATE: Man reported missing in Worth County has been found
- Sheriff: Mower Co. woman found with cocaine, meth during Worth Co. traffic stop
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found
- UPDATE: Missing teen found unharmed
- Vehicle found heavily damaged, vacant after Worth Co. crash
- Update: Woman last seen at RCTC has been found safe
- More distracted driving found on Minnesota roads
- Cell phone reminder from Worth County Sheriff
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found alive