WINNESHIEK COUNTY, Iowa - A 16-year-old northeast Iowa boy was airlifted from the scene Sunday after a UTV accident.
Authorities said 16-year-old Cael Gulrud, of Decorah, was eastbound on Coldwater Creek Rd. when he lost control of the 2016 Kawasaki UTV he was driving.
The vehicle went into the ditch, hit a fence and rolled, coming to rest partially on top of the driver.
Carter Falck, 16, of Decorah, was a passenger on the vehicle and also received medical treatment.
Gulrud was airlifted from the scene, and the accident remains under investigation with multiple charges pending, the sheriff’s office said.
- Sheriff's Office: NE Iowa boy airlifted after UTV accident
- Sheriff: Charles City man airlifted after NE Iowa motorcycle accident
- North Iowa man airlifted after motorcycle accident
- NE Iowa Sheriff's Office issues warning to residents
- UPDATE: Minnesota man killed in NE Iowa farm accident
- Authorities say Cresco man died in NE Iowa snowmobile accident
- Drug arrest in NE Iowa
- Sheriff: Man spends night in cornfield after NE Iowa car accident
- Sheriff: NE Iowa man allegedly threatens others with firearm after being in ATV accident
- Sheriff: NE Iowa man stabs himself after threatening woman's life