WINNESHIEK COUNTY, Iowa - Two assault incidents have been investigated involving South Winneshiek High School students.
The Winneshiek County Sheriff’s Office said one of the incidents occurred at the high school and another occurred at a rural location near Fort Atkinson. Both incidents involve assaults that occurred on South Winneshiek students.
“The prosecutor is reviewing the case and make a final decision on charges and juvenile referrals.
Due to a conflict of interest the Winneshiek County Attorney’s Office has turned over the prosecution of this case to the Howard County Attorney’s Office,” the Winneshiek County Sheriff’s Office said in a press release Wednesday.
Charges will be filed upon receipt of confirmation from the prosecutor’s office.
- Sheriff's Office: Multiple assault investigations involving NE Iowa high school students
- NE Iowa Sheriff's Office issues warning to residents
- Sheriff's Office: NE Iowa boy airlifted after UTV accident
- Sheriff: Drunken incident at NE Iowa bar leads to multiple charges
- 3 injured in NE Iowa crash involving two vehicles
- Drug arrest in NE Iowa
- NE Iowa man accused of felony sexual assault with juvenile
- NE Iowa man accused of assaulting jail staff
- Chatfield man accused of NE Iowa sexual assault
- Sheriff: Assault that was shared on Snapchat leads to charges against 5 in NE Iowa