ALBERT LEA, Minn. - After filing a request through the courts, Freeborn County Sheriff Kurt Freitag is learning he will receive the salary he was hoping for.
Back in May, KIMT News 3 told you the Sheriff was hoping to up his $97,000 salary.
This is after researching other counties and learning sheriffs in similarly-sized areas averaged a salary closer to $120,000.
Thursday, Sheriff Freitag told KIMT News 3's Katie Lange the courts have ruled in his favor.
His new salary comes out to $113,000.
- Freeborn County Sheriff wins battle over salary
- Freeborn County Sheriff Seeks Salary Increase
- Motorcycle accident in Freeborn County
- Motorcycle crash in Freeborn County
- Freeborn County Relay for Life
- Freeborn County safe thieves sentenced
- Freeborn County debates ICE funding
- Freeborn County receives disaster funding
- Freeborn County Sheriff's Office seeks public response for body cameras
- Freeborn County Sheriff's Office's K9 places first at annual trials