OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. – A woman accused of stealing mail allegedly told authorities she only took coupons and put “the important stuff back.”
Kaylin Polk, 23, of Rochester, is facing charges for mail theft, a felony, and driving after revocation.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office said Polk admitted she was “mailboxing.”
“I have a real problem with it,” Polk allegedly told deputies. “I take coupons out of peoples’ mail and go back to put back important stuff.”
Polk was stopped at Marion Road and 20th St. SE after a homeowner reported a mail theft in progress in the 6200 block of 19th St. NW in Kalmar Township.
- Sheriff: Southern MN woman accused of mail theft just wanted the coupons
- Sheriff: Wanted southern MN man arrested for allegedly stealing cables
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Rochester woman arrested again for mail theft
- Rochester woman pleads guilty to mail theft
- Southern MN woman accused of stealing gun, cash
- Authorities investigating after rash of thefts in southern MN town
- Sheriff: Rat trap, grease and string part of theft from southern MN bank deposit box
- Man wanted in connection to southern MN burglaries, vehicle thefts found hiding in trunk
- Sheriff: Domestic incident results in charges, injuries in southern MN