OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. - A veterinarian suffered severe injuries after being charged by a steer Thursday.
Authorities say the victim, 30-year-old Derek Adams, who works for a vet clinic out of Chatfield, was at farm in the 7400 block of Highway 30 SW in Rock Dell Township when a steer charged at him, hit him in the stomach and forced the man to land on his back. Authorities said Adams showed signs of a severe head injury.
People on scene performed CPR and Adams was transported by Gold Cross Ambulance to St. Mary’s Hospital.
- Sheriff: Southern MN vet suffers severe head injuries after being charged by steer
- Sheriff: Domestic incident results in charges, injuries in southern MN
- Man suffers serious injuries after motorcycle accident in southern MN
- Hammer attack leaves southern MN woman with severe facial injuries
- Southern MN trooper suffers minor injuries when squad car hit while assisting motorist
- Update: Southern MN man suffered serious injuries in vehicle-train crash
- Update: Southern MN woman dies from injuries sustained in crash
- Man hit by SUV in Rochester suffers head injury
- Sheriff: Wanted southern MN man arrested for allegedly stealing cables
- Sheriff: Man facing potential sexual conduct charge in connection to southern MN attack