WINNESHIEK COUNTY, Iowa – A northeast Iowa man is accused of going armed with intent and stabbing himself before having to be Tased.
The Winneshiek County Sheriff’s Office said 30-year-old Joshua Draves was arrested after an incident was reported around 3 a.m. Saturday from a Freeport residence.
Draves allegedly slashed the tires on a vehicle belonging to the victim’s sister before entering the residence and jumping on the victim as she was sleeping, according to court documents.
He then allegedly held a knife to her throat and threatened to kill her before putting a knife to his own throat. Authorities say he eventually stabbed himself and wouldn’t comply with order when authorities arrived.
In addition to the going armed with intent charges, Draves is facing charges for domestic abuse assault displaying or using a weapon and third-degree criminal mischief.
- Sheriff: NE Iowa man stabs himself after threatening woman's life
- New: 1 arrested, 1 wanted in NE Iowa attack that left man with life-threatening injuries
- Sheriff: NE Iowa man allegedly threatens others with firearm after being in ATV accident
- NE Iowa man gets life for killing girlfriend's daughter
- Sheriff: NE Iowa man killed after being attacked by bull
- Sheriff: Charles City man airlifted after NE Iowa motorcycle accident
- Man pleads guilty in NE Iowa woman's cannon malfunction death
- NE Iowa man facing sex abuse charge
- NE Iowa man accused of delivering heroin
- Minnesota man arrested after NE Iowa pursuit