WORTH COUNTY, Iowa - A former Worth County employee was found dead in Omaha, and police have made an arrest in the case.
Steven Olson, 55, was found shot to death Tuesday in Papillion, Neb.
CBS News in Omaha said officers were dispatched to 600 S. Fillmore St at 3:21 p.m. Tuesday to investigate a death involving a gunshot wound to the head.
Anne M. Valgora, 49, was arrested with second-degree murder, use of a deadly weapon to commit a felony and tampering with physical evidence.
In a social media post Wednesday, the Worth County Sheriff’s Office released the following statement.
“It is with heavy hearts that we share yet another loss to (our) Worth County family. Steve worked for the county for several years. We would like to extend our sympathy to all of his family and friends,” the sheriff’s office said.
- Sheriff: Man shot to death in Omaha was former Worth County employee
- Cell phone reminder from Worth County Sheriff
- Worth County woman's death ruled a suicide
- Grain bin death in Worth County
- Worth County employees get trained on protocol during an emergency
- Ex-convenience store employee charged with theft in Worth County
- Worth County Sheriff: Fake $50 bills being passed throughout county
- Minnesota man arrested in Worth County
- Man arrested for Worth County hotel beating
- Osage man arrested after Worth County pursuit