SOLDIER, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a man shot his wife in western Iowa after mistaking her for an intruder trying to get into their home.
Monona County Sheriff Jeffrey Pratt says in a news release that 48-year-old Jackie Krier had been outside the family home about 3 miles west of Soldier when she was shot Tuesday evening by 49-year-old Brian Krier.
Jackier Krier was taken to an Onawa hospital and then transferred to a hospital in Sioux City.
The shooting is being investigated.
- Sheriff: Iowa man shot wife after mistaking her for intruder
- Police: Iowa man awakes to intruders in hotel room
- Sheriff explains mistakes in Jacob Wetterling case
- Police ID Ames man shot to death by 2 masked intruders
- Iowa man pleads guilty to beating estranged wife's boyfriend
- Iowa emergency dispatcher coaches man helping wife deliver baby
- Iowa man imprisoned for neglect of wife's disabled daughter
- Police: Iowa man fatally shot after breaking into neighbor's home
- Iowa sheriff's detective gets probation for punching man in bar
- Sheriff: NE Iowa man stabs himself after threatening woman's life