OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. - A verbal argument at a bar led to an incident where a man allegedly threatened a woman with a gun, authorities said.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office said it received a call at 2:24 a.m. Saturday and responded to the 5300 block of County Rd. 139 SE.
The man, 35-year-old Mark Tavares, allegedly told the victim to get out of a vehicle, grabbed a 9mm pistol and kept his finger close to the trigger.
While trying to call 911, Tavares, a convicted felon out of Texas, allegedly took the victim’s phone but the call went through on Apple Watch.
A perimeter was set up and Tavares was taken into custody. A loaded 9mm revolver and a rifle were located. He is facing charges of a felon in possession of a firearm, interfering with a 911 call and terroristic threats.
- Sheriff: Gun threat leads to numerous charges in Olmsted County
- Police: Gun threat at bar parking lot leads to numerous charges against Rochester man
- Convicted felon facing gun possession charge in Olmsted County
- Olmsted County Sheriff's office thanks deputies
- Woman facing numerous charges after deadly crash in southern MN
- Months-long investigation leads to drug arrest in Olmsted County
- Sheriff: Man in stolen SUV casing houses in Olmsted County
- Sheriff: Two people injured in Olmsted County collision
- Minnesota woman pleads not guilty to numerous Worth County crimes