NEVIS, Minn. (AP) — Minnesota authorities are investigating the deaths of three people, including a gunman who led sheriff's deputies on a car chase while exchanging gunfire.
The Hubbard County Sheriff's Office says deputies responding to a shooting in the City of Nevis Thursday found a woman dead outside a home shortly before 8 p.m. Deputies pursued the suspect, who fled in the victim's car.
Authorities have not released the name and gender of the suspect or how the three deceased are related.
Authorities say the suspect shot at deputies during the chase and struck one of them. The deputy survived.
The suspect's car ended in a ditch. Authorities say the suspect left the car and shot at deputies before getting back in and was later found dead in the vehicle. Another person who was shot was also in the car.
- UPDATE: Three killed and deputy injured in northern Minnesota
- Northern Minnesota house fire kills three
- State regulator approve northern Minnesota pipeline
- UPDATE: Officer killed in Minnesota prison
- Officer injured, police dog killed in Minnesota shootout
- 2 University of Northern Iowa students, 1 from southern Minnesota, killed in car-semitrailer collision
- Mower County man hurt in northern Minnesota rollover
- Bodies of missing fishermen found in northern Minnesota
- Possible severe weather later today in southern Minnesota, northern Iowa
- Volleyball highlights and scores from northern Iowa and southern Minnesota