BYRON, Minn. - A 16-year-old boy is facing charges of simple robbery, theft and assault after allegedly hitting a 15-year-old male victim before stealing his wallet.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office said it happened Saturday night at 6:54 p.m. in the 1000 block of 4th St. NW.
Authorities said it happened when the victim agreed to purchase a vape device with vape juice but did not have the right amount of money. That’s when the suspect allegedly hit him in the head and took the wallet that had $20 in it.
The suspect was taken to the Juvenile Detention Center after a vehicle he was in was stopped on 41st St. NW in Rochester near Andy’s Liquor.
- Sheriff: 16-year-old boy arrested for robbery, assault and theft in Olmsted Co.
- Package thefts reported in Olmsted County
- 16-year-old arrested for Austin stabbing
- Police: 16-year-old suspect in robbery near Rochester gas station arrested
- Iowa authorities looking for missing 16-year-old autistic boy
- Olmsted County Sheriff's office thanks deputies
- Sheriff issues advice after another construction site theft in Olmsted County
- Sheriff: Trailer with tires chained together doesn't stop Olmsted Co. theft