SHELDON, Iowa - One man is dead and authorities are now investigating.
Just after 2:30 Saturday morning, Sheldon Police Dept. respsonded to the 1100 block of South 3rd Avenue for a man in the middle of the street. When officers arrived, he was unresponsive and they began life-saving measures.
The man is being identified as 32-year-old Joshua Rook, from Sheldon.
He was transported to Sanford Sheldon Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation is assisting. An autopsy is will be performed by the State Medical Examiner's office on a future date.
Authorities say they don't believe the public is in any danger.
Stay with KIMT for updates to this developing story.
- Sheldon death investigation
- Vikings sign Sheldon Richardson
- Rockwell death under investigation
- Authorities investigate suspicious death of Iowa hunter
- Death investigation in Blue Earth County
- Baby death under investigation in Albert Lea
- Child's death under investigation in northeast Iowa
- Investigation into death at Fort Dodge plant
- Minnesota boy's death on playground investigated
- Death investigation underway in Kossuth County