MASON CITY, Iowa – A collapsed sewer is shutting down the intersection of 3rd Street SE and South Rhode Island Avenue.
Mason City Utility Division says the road will remain closed until repairs to the sewer and water main can be completed. Drivers are being urged to avoid the area while work is going on.
Anyone with questions may contact Utility Supervisor Joe Bohl at the Operations and Maintenance Utility Division at 421-3677.
- Sewer collapse in Mason City
- Crews fixing sewer collapse in Mason City
- Sewer stench stumps searchers
- Aging sewer plants bedevil many Minnesota cities
- Effects of the blizzard: Roof collapse in Mason City (with drone video)
- Historic bridge roof collapsed
- Mason City vs. Mason City.... in the Big Dance!
- Dealing with sewer backup in Kasson
- SAW: Mason City's Danny Kamm
- House fire in Mason City