CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier) — Several people have been rescued after breaking through ice on Big Woods Lake in Cedar Falls.
Authorities say rescue crews responded three times Sunday.
In the first incident, other people in the area had already helped to safety three who'd broken through into the water while ice fishing. Rescue workers later returned to the lake after another person broke through, but he was able to get himself to safety.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that around 6:15 p.m., rescue workers were sent to help two teenagers.
Rescuers donned buoyant suits and then used a sled to get the teens back to shore.
- Several people rescued after breaking through NE Iowa lake ice
- Drug arrest in NE Iowa
- 2 juveniles charged after NE Iowa convenience store break-ins
- Clear Lake woman rescued after falling through ice
- NE Iowa trail approved over opposition
- NE Iowa man facing sex abuse charge
- NE Iowa man accused of delivering heroin
- 2 injured in NE Iowa rollover crash
- Flooding closes NE Iowa state park campgrounds
- Minnesota man arrested after NE Iowa pursuit