BREAKING NEWS Minnesota National Guard identifies 3 killed in helicopter crash Full Story

Several fires in Charles City

Crews responded to three separate fires in Charles City Thursday.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 10:40 PM
Updated: Dec 15, 2017 1:46 PM

Charles City, Iowa - The Charles City Fire Department responded to three separate fires on Thursday afternoon and evening.

At around noon, it responded to a call of smoke being caused by an over-loaded dryer belt issue at 1000 Terrace Rd. 

Two hours later, residents of a home at 305 S. Iowa St. requested assistance due to a smell of smoke in the home. When crews arrived, they found a ceiling fan had shorted, which caused insulation in the attic to catch fire. Nobody was injured, but the home will need some re-building before it can be occupied again.

And at 8 p.m., another structure fire was reported at Wedgewood Estates after a fire place caught fire and burned out the chimney.
There was no serious structure damage, and again no one was injured, but those with the fire department want to remind people that before you use your fire places or wood stoves for the first time each year, they need to be cleaned out.

Article Comments

Mason City
Clear
35° wxIcon
Hi: 39° Lo: 30°
Feels Like: 25°
Albert Lea
Clear
39° wxIcon
Hi: 37° Lo: 28°
Feels Like: 29°
Austin
Clear
37° wxIcon
Hi: 38° Lo: 30°
Feels Like: 27°
Charles City
Clear
36° wxIcon
Hi: 41° Lo: 31°
Feels Like: 25°
Rochester
Clear
34° wxIcon
Hi: 35° Lo: 29°
Feels Like: 21°
Winter is roaring back
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Gift Quality Book and Bake Sale

Image

Reading Center celebrates grand opening of new building

Image

Christmas by the Lake

Image

Making quilts for those in need

Image

John Marshall girls defeat Lakeville South at home

Image

Lourdes boys hockey falls to Mound Westonka

Image

North Iowa Bulls close out the Barn with a win

Image

Weather Sean 12/7

Image

Weather Forecast Sean 12/6

Image

Making medical cannabis more affordable

Community Events