WINNEBAGO COUNTY, Iowa - We are working to learn more about a head-on collision that sent 10 people, including teens, to the hospital.
It happened just before 3 a.m. Jan. 1 on 120th Ave., about five miles northwest of Forest City.
According to the Iowa State Patrol, two vehicles collided head-on.
A total of 10 people, ranging in age from 18 to 22, were taken to area hospitals - their conditions are unknown at this point.
State Patrol investigators tell us they believe alcohol may be a factor but the crash is under investigation.
What happened: Authorities say vehicle 1 was traveling southbound on 120th Avenue and vehicle 2 was traveling northbound on 120th Avenue. Vehicle 1 was traveling on the wrong side of the road and struck vehicle 2 head-on. Vehicle 2 came to rest on the east side of the road, facing southbound. Vehicle 1 came to rest in the ditch also facing southbound.
This is a developing story we're continuing to follow - be sure to tune in to our evening newscasts for the latest.
- 10 people injured in Winnebago Co. crash
- Winnebago County man injured in Minnesota collision
- Man charged in connection to Winnebago Co. New Year's crash that left 10 injured
- No CAFO in Winnebago County
- Winnebago County hosting summer fun
- Prison for Winnebago County man
- Paycheck problem at Winnebago Industries
- Update: North Iowa woman killed in Winnebago County crash
- Two Rochester people injured in Olmsted County crash
- Update: Condition updates for the 10 involved in Winnebago Co. crash