CRESTON, Iowa (AP) — Funeral arrangements have been scheduled for an Iowa couple and their children who died at a Mexican resort.
A visitation is set for Friday at the Powers Funeral Home in Creston for 41-year-old Kevin Sharp and his wife, 38-year-old Amy Sharp, and their children, 12-year-old Sterling and 7-year-old Adrianna.
A Mexican prosecutor says a gas leak in a water heater is suspected of killing them inside their rented condominium in Tulum. Their bodies were found Friday.
The Des Moines Register reports that a memorial service is scheduled for Saturday afternoon in the gymnasium at Southwestern Community College in Creston, where Amy and Kevin Sharp took classes. The burial will be closed to the public.
The family was reported missing by relatives about a week after they left for vacation.
- Services scheduled for Iowa family found dead in Mexico
- Family of 4 from Iowa found dead in Mexico
- Services held for Creston family who died in Mexico
- Mexico official: Iowa family died from water heater gas leak
- Prayer service scheduled for all faiths
- 2018-19 Iowa prep football schedules released
- Iowa State’s Big 12 Schedule Announced
- Woman and boy found dead at Iowa railroad crossing
- 7 animals rescued from Iowa property; 1 steer found dead
- Missing Marshalltown teen found dead