FOREST CITY, Iowa- Senator Chuck Grassley met with locals at the Forest City FAVA on Monday.
“They made some changes to the veteran’s program over the last couple of years making it so that if there is not a VA hospital you can go to a local hospital,” said Loren Swenson, a Vietnam War veteran. “They are going to start expanding some of that and I haven't heard what some of those expansions are going to be.”
Veteran care is not the only topic Sen. Grassley touched on. Questions about healthcare and social security were also discussed to which he said they will not be touched even though there is discussion in the House right now.
- Veteran care, healthcare and social security discussed with Sen. Grassley in Forest City
- Sen. Rita Hart discusses women's healthcare
- Discussing state of healthcare at rountable forum
- Social Ice Security
- Petition asks Sen. Grassley to 'stop rubber-stamping Trump judges'
- Iowa Sen. Grassley: President Trump wind turbine comments 'idiotic'
- Grassley talks message of bipartisanship at Forest City town hall meeting
- Dr. Andy McGuire discusses healthcare and budget isses
- Gov. Walz holds a roundtable discussion in Rochester to discuss affordable healthcare
- SAW: Forest City's Sam Snyder