FOREST CITY, Iowa- Senator Chuck Grassley met with locals at the Forest City FAVA on Monday.
“They made some changes to the veteran’s program over the last couple of years making it so that if there is not a VA hospital you can go to a local hospital,” said Loren Swenson, a Vietnam War veteran. “They are going to start expanding some of that and I haven't heard what some of those expansions are going to be.”
Veteran care is not the only topic Sen. Grassley touched on. Questions about healthcare and social security were also discussed to which he said they will not be touched even though there is discussion in the House right now.
- Veteran care, healthcare and social security discussed with Sen. Grassley in Forest City
- Sen. Rita Hart discusses women's healthcare
- Forest City considering social hosting ordinance
- Social Ice Security
- Discussing state of healthcare at rountable forum
- Petition asks Sen. Grassley to 'stop rubber-stamping Trump judges'
- Iowa Sen. Grassley: President Trump wind turbine comments 'idiotic'
- Sen. Grassley thinks USMCA 'increasingly unlikely' to pass in 2019
- Grassley talks message of bipartisanship at Forest City town hall meeting
- Sen. Joni Ernst holds town hall in Forest City