SHEFFIELD, Iowa – The State Patrol is releasing more information about a semi hitting a bicyclist in Franklin County Monday.
According to the official crash report, it happened around 3:40 am near the intersection of Highway 65 and 220th Street. The State Patrol says Dennis Gjerde, 62 of McCallsburg, Iowa, was driving a semi north and hit the 26-year-old bicyclist from Sheffield.
The cyclist suffered what are described as life threatening injuries and was flown to Mayo Clinic for treatment. The name of the bicyclist has not been released.
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, Sheffield EMS, Franklin General Hospital, and the Iowa Department of Transportation assisted with this incident.
- Sheffield bicyclist suffered life threatening injury after being hit by a semi
- Stewartville man suffers life-threatening injuries in car/tractor collision
- One driver suffers life-threatening injuries in Olmsted County crash
- Life-threatening injuries after Mower County collision
- Bicyclist hit in Rochester intersection
- Man suffered 'non-life threatening' injuries during motorcycle rollover in Worth Co.
- Austin police: Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after alleged domestic assault
- Man hit by SUV in Rochester suffers head injury
- Bicyclist hit by truck in Mason City
- Bicyclist injured in hit-and-run collision