CERRO GORDO COUNTY, Iowa – A semi was blown over as a storm brought powerful winds and hail to north Iowa on Tuesday morning.
The driver, identified as 61-year-old Kenneth Best, of Des Moines, was transported to Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa. He is listed in serious condition.
The semi was blown over south of the Thornton exit on Interstate-35.
The call was received around 8:30 a.m.
- UPDATE: Semi blown over on I-35 near Thornton exit
- UPDATE: I-35 reopened after semi crash in Worth County
- Construction error delaying new exit ramp on I-35 at Ames
- Thornton man sentenced for domestic assault
- Car/deer accident blocked I-35
- UPDATE: Fourth driver identified in I-35 chain reaction accident
- Part of I-35 closed in Minnesota
- Multiple crashes on I-35 in Worth County
- Accident on I-35 in Franklin County
- I-35 crash in Minnesota injures three Iowans