CERRO GORDO COUNTY, Iowa – A semi was blown over as a storm brought powerful winds and hail to north Iowa on Tuesday morning.
The driver, identified as 61-year-old Kenneth Best, of Des Moines, was transported to Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa. He is listed in serious condition.
The semi was blown over south of the Thornton exit on Interstate-35.
The call was received around 8:30 a.m.
- UPDATE: Semi blown over on I-35 near Thornton exit
- Semi breakdown halts traffic at I-35 exit
- UPDATE: I-35 reopened after semi crash in Worth County
- Thornton man facing meth charge
- Construction error delaying new exit ramp on I-35 at Ames
- Thornton man sentenced for domestic assault
- Four semis collide on I-35 in Freeborn County
- Semi crashes under overpass on I-35 in Franklin County
- Semi accident slowing traffic on I-35 north of Albert Lea
- Storm winds blow over semi on I-35 in Freeborn County