ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A St. Paul man has now pleaded guilty in two states for a high speed chase.
Ryan Joseph Amabile, 30, was arrested after a pursuit in September 2019 that started in Freeborn County, crossed the Iowa/Minnesota border into Worth County, and hit speeds of 100 miles per hour. Authorities say Amabile hit an Albert Lea squad car, showed off a handgun, then ditched his vehicle and tried to carjack another on Highway 105.
Amabile then surrendered after a Freeborn County deputy fired three shots at him.
Amabile pleaded guilty to 1st degree theft in Worth County and was sentenced to five years of supervised probation. He’s not entered a guilty plea in Freeborn County to 2nd degree assault with a dangerous weapon and fleeing a peace officer in a motor vehicle.
Amabile’s Minnesota sentencing is set for April 16.
- Second guilty plea for 100 mph chase from Freeborn to Worth County
- Guilty plea in 100+ mph chase
- Not guilty plea in 100 mph Floyd County chase
- Plea change in 100 mph chase
- Second guilty plea for second 100 mph chase
- Not guilty plea in 130 mph chase
- Spring Valley man pleads guilty to 100 mph chase
- Minnesota man pleads not guilty in 100 mph chase
- Cresco man pleads guilty to 100 mph chase along I-35
- Trial scheduled in 100+ mph motorcycle chase