ROCHESTER, Minn. – A final sentence is issued in the seizure of six pounds of marijuana.
Quran Khalifa Mashawn Bennett, 31 of Rochester, received five years of probation Wednesday in Olmsted County District Court. He and Rodney Salter of Rochester were arrested in January after a traffic stop on Highway 52. An off-duty police officer saw Salter, knew there was a warrant out for him, and pulled over their vehicle.
Police said a search of the vehicle turned up six one-pound bags of marijuana.
Bennett pleaded guilty to 5th degree sale of marijuana. Salter previously entered a guilty plea to the same charge but got one year and nine months in prison.
Bennett must also either for 100 hours of community work service or pay a $1,000 fine.
- Second defendant gets probation for six pounds of marijuana
- 20 years of probation for 46 pounds of marijuana
- Probation for growing marijuana in Lake Mills
- Mason City woman gets probation for marijuana
- Final defendant in thefts from trucks gets probation
- Minnesota woman stopped with nearly 300 pounds of marijuana
- Man arrested with 100+ pounds of marijuana pleads not guilty
- Two facing charges after 6 pounds of marijuana found
- Man found with 13 pounds of marijuana arrested in Garner
- Final tally: 227 pounds of marijuana seized in Rochester