CHARLES CITY, Iowa – A second man has been arrested in an attack involving a space heater.
28-year-old Dontrale Gaston of Charles City was picked up Thursday in the 900 block of North Grand Avenue on warrants for 1st degree burglary, 4th degree theft and 5th degree theft. Charles City police say Gaston joined Isaac Brown and another man in a February 17 fight at a home in the 400 block of Richings Street. Officers say the victim was left cut and bloodied after being hit with a space heater and a beer bottle.
Gaston is also accused of stealing a cell phone on January 28 and shoplifting a pack of cigarettes on January 30.
For a previous story about this case, click here.
- Second arrest in space heater attack
- Space heater safety
- Trial set in Charles City space heater attack
- Man accused of attack with a space heater in Charles City
- Space heaters recalled after death of Minnesota man
- Deadly fire blamed on kerosene heater
- Mexico official: Iowa family died from water heater gas leak
- Power being cut to water heaters and heating systems
- Man arrested in grocery store attack
- Garage fire at Albert Lea apartment complex caused by propane heater